The website https://BrokenBiz.com (the “Site”) is owned by Ortus Strategies AG (“Ortus”, “we”, “us”) and is intended to promote the book Broken Business: Seven Steps to Reform Good Companies Gone Bad, by José R. Hernandez, Chief Executive Officer of Ortus.
The Information That We Collect
Ortus, and third parties with whom Ortus has contracted to provide services to Ortus, collect “Personally-Identifiable Information”, “Site Usage Data”, and “IP Addresses” through the Site.
Personally-Identifiable Information is information that identifies a person as an individual, such as your name, company, title, postal address, telephone number, or email address. Site Usage Data is aggregated information, demographic information, and any other information that does not reveal a person's specific identity. An IP Address is the Internet Protocol address of the computer that you are using.
1. Personally-Identifiable Information. You do not have to provide us with your Personally-Identifiable Information to use this Site. We collect it from you only when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you contact us via email or other communication methods.
2. Site Usage Data. When you visit and interact with the Site, Ortus and third parties with whom Ortus has contracted to provide services to Ortus may collect Site Usage Data. Such non-personally-identifiable information may include your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. Site Usage Data may also include demographic data, such as your location.
3. IP Addresses. When you visit and interact with the Site, Ortus and third parties with whom Ortus has contracted to provide services to Ortus may collect Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. This number is identified and logged automatically whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We may use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
How We Use the Information We Collect
1. Personally-Identifiable Information. Ortus may use Personally-Identifiable Information in the following ways:
Fulfillment of Requests. We process Personally-Identifiable Information to comply with your requests, respond to your inquiries, and provide you with services that you request. If you contact us by email through the Site, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence and use it to respond to you. We will further use Personally-Identifiable Information to fulfill any other purposes for which it was provided, and as disclosed at the time the data are collected.
Administrative Communications. We may send you important administrative or transactional information regarding the Site.
Internal Business Purposes. We may also use Personally-Identifiable Information about you for Ortus’ internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, and other similar purposes. Ortus does not sell Personally-Identifiable Information.
2. Site Usage Data. Because Site Usage Data does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share such Site Usage Data, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. As an example, we may use aggregated Site Usage Data to help us improve the Site and the services that we provide through the Site. Please note that to the extent any Site Usage Data is linked with Personally-Identifiable Information, such linked information will be treated as Personally-Identifiable Information as long as it is linked.
How Is Personally-Identifiable Information Disclosed?
1. Third-Party Service Providers. We may provide Personally-Identifiable Information about you to Ortus contractors, agents, and designees to the extent necessary to enable them to perform certain Site-related services (e.g., providing web hosting, improving Site-related services and features, or providing maintenance services) on Ortus’ behalf.
2. Business Transfers. Ortus may transfer any and all Personally-Identifiable Information to third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
3. Law Enforcement and Compliance. We also may use and/or disclose Personally-Identifiable Information to any third party if we believe that we are required to do so for any or all of the following reasons: (i) by law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process or respond to requests from governmental or public authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iii) to prevent, investigate, detect, or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Site or Ortus network; (iv) to protect the rights, privacy, property, business, or safety of Ortus and its affiliates, their partners and employees, the users of the Site, or the public; and/or (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personally-Identifiable Information
Please note that we may use and disclose non-personally-identifiable information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
Information Collected by Third Parties
Exercising Your Data Privacy Rights
To the extent permitted by the laws of your country, you may request to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify any Personally-Identifiable Information that you have previously provided through the Site, or object to the use of such Personally-Identifiable Information by Ortus. You may exercise these rights by contacting us by email at Info [at] OrtusStrategies [dot] com.
Additionally, you may also oppose the processing or transferring of Personally-Identifiable Information to the extent the laws of your country require.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personally-Identifiable Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personally-Identifiable Information.
For your protection, we will only implement requests with respect to the Personally-Identifiable Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
In any case, you also have the right to directly address the competent Data Protection Authority.
1. Security. Ortus seeks to adopt commercially reasonable security measures consistent with industry practice to assist in protecting against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personally-Identifiable Information that is under Ortus’ control. Unfortunately, no data storage system, or system of transmitting data over the Internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of Ortus servers, the means by which Personally-Identifiable Information is transmitted between your computer and Ortus servers, or any Personally-Identifiable Information provided to us or to any third party through or in connection with the Site. If you believe your connection to the Site is no longer secure, please notify us as soon as possible.
2. Use of the Site by Children. The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and Ortus does not knowingly collect Personally-Identifiable Information from children. If you are younger than thirteen (13) years old, please do not provide any Personally-Identifiable Information while using the Site.
4. Jurisdictional Issues. Ortus does not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose, at any time, without prior notice to you, and in Ortus’ sole discretion. By using the Site and submitting any Personally-Identifiable Information, you consent to the transfer of Personally-Identifiable Information to other countries outside of your country of residence, which may provide a different level of data security and data protection rules than that provided in your country of residence.
Ortus Strategies AG
Attn. Data Protection Responsible
Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us.